At Genoptix, Inc. (“Genoptix”), we recognize that privacy is important, and, therefore, Genoptix is committed to maintaining and protecting the privacy of our customers, patients, partners, employees, and all others who may visit a website belonging to Genoptix.
BY USING OUR SITE, YOU CONSENT TO THE COLLECTION, USE, AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION AS DESCRIBED IN THIS POLICY.
Collection and Use of Personally Identifiable Information
Genoptix only collects personally identifiable information through its websites (such as an individual’s name, e-mail address, account password, etc.) when it is voluntarily submitted to Genoptix by you as permitted under applicable law. For example, when you choose to register for an account through our site (e.g., eCOMPASS®) or for a promotion or service that requires registration, we may ask you to provide some personal information such as your first and last name, medical practice name, job title, phone number, e-mail address, type of medical practice, and similar information required to issue you a username and password. We may also ask for similar information in order to fulfill additional requests you make through our website or a site maintained by a third party on our behalf, including, but not limited to, a request for investor information or in connection with your application for employment.
Use of Personally Identifiable Information
- Health Care Professionals–For health care professionals that take advantage of our clinical laboratory services in treating their patients or are considering using our clinical laboratory services, we may use your personal information to (i) inform or send you information on services we provide or services you may request; (ii) to assist you with questions that you may have about our services; (iii) contact you regarding payment matters; and (iv) in order to evaluate the services we offer or similar marketing purposes, such as conducting surveys.
- User Communications–When you send email or other communications to Genoptix, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests, and improve our services.
- Affiliated Genoptix Services Through Other Sites–We may offer some of our services on or through other websites operated by third parties. Personal information that you provide to those sites may be sent to Genoptix in order to deliver the service such as if you apply for a job with Genoptix through another website or if you make a payment to Genoptix through another site. In this case, we will process information that we receive about you from these third parties under this Policy. The affiliated websites through which our services are offered may have different privacy practices, and we encourage you to read their privacy policies.
You can decline to submit certain personally identifiable information, but in such case, Genoptix may not be able to provide those services to you.
Collection and Use of Non-Personally Identifiable Information
We offer a number of services that may not require you to register for an account or provide any personal information to us. For example, we track the total number of visitors to our website, the number of visitors to each page of the website, and the domain names of our visitors’ Internet service providers. No personally identifiable information is gathered in this process. In order to provide our full range of services, we may collect any or all of the following types of information:
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to allow you to control whether you will accept cookies or refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some Genoptix features and services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
Genoptix may present links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed. We use this information to improve the quality of our website and its technology and content.
Web Browser Information
When you access Genoptix services, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
Genoptix does not sell, rent, or share your personal information with non-affiliated third parties. However, to provide our services we may provide your personal information gathered through this site with other companies or individuals outside of Genoptix in the following limited circumstances:
- We may provide such information to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies, or other trusted businesses or persons for the purpose of processing or using personal information on our behalf. We require that these parties agree to use or process such information based on our instructions and in compliance with this Policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable policies, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property, or safety of Genoptix, its users, or the public as required or permitted by law.
- After having received your consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information
Security and Confidentiality
To ensure the security and confidentiality of Personal Data that we collect online, we use data networks protected, inter alia, by industry standard firewall and password protection. In the course of handling your Personal Data, we take measures reasonably designed to protect that information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
Genoptix provides links to a number of third parties’ websites through Genoptix’s site, which may provide you with useful information or offer helpful services as a convenience. Links contained on our site that transfer you to a non-Genoptix site are not controlled by Genoptix and may contain different information and/or different privacy policies than Genoptix. Genoptix is not responsible for the privacy policies of or content on any such third party website. You should review the privacy policies of these third parties should you choose to access these sites. These other sites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data, or solicit personal information from you.
Personal information and children
Most of the services available on this site are intended for persons 18 years of age and older. Any individual who requests information about a medicine indicated for use in children must be 18 or over. We will not knowingly collect, use, or disclose Personal Data from a minor under the age of 18 without obtaining prior consent from a person with parental responsibility (e.g., a parent or guardian) through direct off-line contact. We will provide the parent with (i) notice of the specific types of personal data being collected from the minor, and (ii) the opportunity to object to any further collection, use, or storage of such information. We abide by laws designed to protect children.
If you have any feedback or questions regarding this Policy, please feel free to contact us at:
c/o Genoptix, Inc.
1811 Aston Ave.
Carlsbad, CA 92008
Please note that this Policy is subject to change from time to time. We will update this Policy on this page with any such changes. Therefore, please review this website periodically to ensure you are aware of our current policy on privacy matters in using this website or other websites offered by Genoptix.