call us at 800.755.1605
or email us.
AQUA® Technology Combined with ER/PR, HER2 and Ki-67...
A Valuable Recurrence Risk Assessment for Breast Cancer Patients.
IHC4 by AQUA Technology is a validated recurrence risk signature that utilizes the protein expression of ER/PR, HER2, and Ki-67 to provide precise results for you and your patients.1 All testing is performed at Genoptix in a centralized laboratory for reproducible and accurate results.
AQUA Technology in Combination with IHC4: Accuracy and Precision for Greater Confidence
IHC4 by AQUA Technology combines the benefits of immunofluorescence and automated image analysis, providing an accurate quantitative score for protein expression that helps to:
- Minimize false-negative results2
- Provide more reproducible results than routine IHC testing2
- Broaden the dynamic range, thereby enhancing detection3
- Measure staining intensity of tumor cells by isolating epithelial cells of interest
Improved IHC4 Recurrence Risk Score with AQUA Technology.1
(Cuzick et al., Journal of Clinical Oncology, Oct. 2011)
The prognostic value of the standard IHC4 score is similar to the 21-gene recurrence score in early stage, ER+ breast cancer.
- 1,125 patients: compared the Oncotype DX® recurrence score to an IHC4 prognostic model, which used ER, PR, HER2 &
Ki-67 status by standard IHC testing
- All four IHC markers provided independent prognostic information
For more information, call us at 800.755.1605.
- Bartlett, J. Accepted Oral Discussion/Poster, ‘TEAM’ Study. Presented at the 2012 Annual Meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncology. June 1-5, 2012; Chicago, IL. Abstract #517.
- Welsh AW, Moeder CB, Kumar S, et al. Standardization of estrogen receptor measurement in breast cancer suggests false-negative results are a function of threshold intensity rather than percentage of positive cells. J Clin Oncol. 2011;29(22):2978-2984.
- Allred DC, Carlson RW, Berry DA, et al. NCCN Task Force Report: Estrogen Receptor and Progesterone Receptor Testing in Breast Cancer by Immunohistochemistry. J Natl Compr Canc Netw. 2009;7 Suppl 6:S1-S21.
- Cuzick J, Dowsett M, Pineda S, et al. Prognostic value of a combined estrogen receptor, progesterone receptor, Ki-67, and human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 immunohistochemical score and comparison with the Genomic Health recurrence score in early breast cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2011;29(32):4273-4278.