MORE THAN 20% OF BREAST CANCER PATIENTS’ ER/PR STATUS
MAY BE MISCLASSIFIED1-4
TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR ABOUT CONFIRMING YOUR ER/PR STATUS
NexCourse BCa by AQUA technology is the next generation of hormone receptor testing.
- It minimizes false-negative results for ER/PR expression5
- It is ideal for confirmatory testing of ER/PR status prior to therapy
- Genoptix is the only commercial laboratory to offer AQUA technology
for more information about AQUA technology
- Hede K. Breast cancer testing scandal shines spotlight on black box of clinical laboratory testing. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2008;100(12):836-844.
- Allred DC. Commentary: hormone receptor testing in breast cancer, a distress signal from Canada. Oncologist. 2008;12(11):1134-1136.
- Allred DC, Carlson RW, Berry DA, et al. NCCN Task Force Report: Estrogen receptor and progesterone receptor testing in breast cancer by immunohistochemistry. J Natl Compr Canc Netw. 2009;7 Suppl 6:S1-S21;quiz S22-23.
- Hammond ME, Hayes DF, Downsett M, et al. American Society of Clinical Oncology/College of American Pathologists guideline recommendations for immunohistochemical testing of estrogen and progesterone receptors in breast cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2010;28(16);2784-2795.
- Welsh A, Moeder CB, Kumar S, et al. Standardization of estrogen receptor measurement in breast cancer suggests false-negative results are a function of threshold intensity rather than percentage of positive cells. J Clin Oncol. 2011;Aug 1:2978-2984.
Genoptix® and NexCourse® are registered trademarks of Genoptix, Inc.
AQUA® is a registered trademark of HistoRX, Inc.